Save Time & Money on Your Next Print Project
CHG is always looking for the best ways to serve our customer’s needs. With this in mind, we are eager to provide you with the knowledge and tools that allow time and money savings when you partner with us. In a nutshell, we call it: Pre-planning.
The printing industry continues to be affected by supply chain shortages and delays, and a sharp increase in print orders. Planning and communicating your project requirements as early as possible is critical. Failing to do so could result in unforeseen costs and missed deadlines. We will do everything we can to ensure that your project meets or exceeds your requirements. Please consider using the preplanning checklist below to help you save money and stay within your timeline.
Before sending your file to print, be sure that your book is formatted correctly. Typically, you will need to provide two files: a single PDF of the cover and another file for all interior pages. They should be high resolution, have all fonts embedded, and include image bleed allowance if needed.
When we quote a project, we consider every aspect of the book to be printed and bound. There are dozens of variables that go into every project.
Your project requirements and completion dates should be shared with us as early as possible. Just a few of the elements that could affect the efficiency and cost of your project include:
- Print quantity – How many books will you need to be printed?
- Trim Size – Any changes could affect efficiency and cost.
- Paper type – You should specify your paper based on type, not the brand.
- Bind style – CHG offers various bind styles. You can learn more about them here.
- Are there finishing enhancements, such as foil stamping or embossing?
- Packing and shipping – Are there any special requirements?
- Due dates and deadlines – when do your books need to be finished and ready to ship to meet their delivery requirements?